ALINCO DX-SR-9E ALL MODE SDR DESKTOP HF TRANSCEIVER
Features of DX-SR9
- Coverage of All short-wave and HF amateur bands Covers the 160m to 10m amateur bands including 5.3MHz in SSB, CW, AM ,FM and IQ output modes. Output power is 100W SSB/CW and FM, 40W in AM with low and super-low power settings for QRP operation. In addition, the general coverage receiver covers 135KHz to 30MHz in all modes. (The RX sensitivity and selectivity are not guaranteed out side of the ham bands.)
- Internal VOX Eliminates optional interface box for PC connection to operate data modes like PSK31.
- Detachable front control panel Completely detachable front control panel with large LCD display lets you install the radio with greater flexibility whether in your car, boat or your shack. (Optional EDS-17 cable required)
- Direct DATA entry via the key pads While the main dial tunes at the default 10Hz/resolution (adjustable in set mode), the numerical key pads can be used for fast direct frequency input, band selection and more.
- Fight QRM with these STANDARD features Reject unwanted signals with the IF shift. Choose a narrow filter(AM 2.4KHz/SSB 1KHz, CW 0.5KHz audio-filtering), a noise-blanker or use RIT/TXIT to stay out of QRM.
- Emphasis on CW Operation An electronic keyer unit is standard. You can receive CW using either upper or lower side of the carrier frequency. Choice of side tone pitch, FULL (QSK), Semi or Auto break-in, split, narrow filter, AGC and RF gain.
- World-class transmit audio quality A dynamic microphone (T/E models) and a speech compressor come standard for sharp, clear and powerful transmitting audio.
- Enhanced scan modes A variety of scan modes are available including Priority, Search, Busy, Timed, Memory and Programmed search. Timed scan setting does not require squelch-mute so you are able to monitor data-modes and broadcasts simultaneously with memory search scan.
- Additional convenient features include RF Attenuator and Pre-amplifier selectable in 4 steps, / 3 TX power output levels with a Super-Low setting (QRP 0.1W~2W variable) / Dual VFO / 600ch memories in 3 banks / Connections for Auto-antenna tuner and Liner amplifier ALC output / Fully independent AF level, squelch, RIT and IF shift knobs / Dial lock and key lock / TX-RX lamp / Alphanumeric display / Auto-power-off / CTCSS encode for 10m FM repeater accesses / Microphone, Headphone and External speaker jacks on the front panel / Large, temperature-controlled internal cooling fan with anti-overheat output power limiter/ High-SWR protection and more!
The SDR system in DX-SR9 consists of I/Q signal output and a mixer circuit. It requires a high quality sound device (internal or USB-interface) and PC specs as follows. Please remember; Higher the PC spec, Better the SDR performance!
OS: Windows Vista or 7
CPU:Intel Core i5 2.4GHz equivalent or faster
Memory: 2GByte or more
Display resolution/color: 1024x768pixel?A32bit or more
Sound device: 48KHz 16bit sampling, capable of stereo record/replay (Tested wit Creative Sound Blaster series)
Mouse: Center wheel and High-speed scroll feature
Cables: A pair of commonly available audio cables with 3.5mm stereo-plug
PC Speaker, PC microphone or headset(with microphone)
BEFORE you decide to purchase DX-SR9, please download the KG-TRX SDR software from the Alinco website. Please read the included instruction manual and start the program to understand how it works. If it may not satisfy your demands for SDR operation, just delete the downloaded file to uninstall. Alinco and its distributers are not responsible of compatibility troubles with your PC systems.
Alinco and ALINCO logo are registered trademarks of Alinco Incorporated, Japan in the United States, EU States, Russia, China and many other countries. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective holders.
- DC cable
- Microphone hanger EBC-7
- EDX-2 automatic long-wire antenna tuner
- EDS-17 Front control remote kit (5m cable, front panel bracket, unit cover and hardware)
- EMS-14 Desktop microphone
- DM330/340MV series DC power supplies
|Operating mode||J3E (USB, LSB), A3E (AM), A1A (CW), F3E (FM) + IQ output|
|Antenna and microphone impedance||Antenna: 50ohm unbalanced Microphone: 300 ohm|
|Power requirement||13.8V DC +/-15% (11.7 to 15.8V DC)|
|Ground method||Negative ground|
|Current drain||Receiver: 1.0A(max.) 0.7A(Squelched) Transmit: 20A|
|Operating temperature||-10digC to 60digC (+14digF to +140digF)|
|Dimentions||240(w) x 94(h) x 255(d)mm (Projections not included) (9.45"(w) x 3.7"(h) x 10"(d) 240(w) x 100(h) x 293(d)mm (9.45"(w) x 3.94"(h) x 11.54"(d)|
|Weight||Approx. 4.1kg (144.6oz)|
|Power Output||SSB, CW, FM: 100W(Hi) Approx. 10W (Low) Approx. 1W (S-Low) AM: 40W(Hi) Approx. 4W (Low) Approx. 0.4W (S-Low)|
|Modulation system||SSB: Balanced modulation AM: Low power modulation FM: Reactance modulation|
|Spurious emission||Less than -50dB (Less than -45dB in 30m band)|
|Carrier suppression||More than 40dB|
|Unwanted sideband||More than 50dB(1KHz)|
|Maximum FM deviation||+/-2.5KHz|
|Receive circuitry||Double conversion superheterodyne|
|Sensitivity||SSB: (0.15 to 1.8MHz) 0dBu(1uV) CW: (1.8 to 30MHz) -12dBu(0.25uV) AM: (0.15 to 1.8MHz) +20dBu(10uV) AM: (1.8 to 30MHz) +6dBu(2uV) FM: (28 to 30MHz) -6dBu(0.5uV)|
|Intermediate frequency||1st 71.75MHz, 2nd 455KHz|
|Selectivity||SSB, CW, AM(narrow): 2.4KHz/-6dB 4.5KHz/-60dB AM, FM: 6KHz/-6dB 18KHz/-60dB -6dB: 6KHz or more -60dB: 16KHz or less (NFM)|
|Spurious and image rejection ratio||More than 70dB|
|Audio output power||More than 2.0W(8ohm 10%THD)|
|RIT variable range||+/-1.2KHz|
|DX-SR9T (USA/Canadian Amateur) DX-SR9E (World Amateur/CE approved)|
|Transmit Frequency coverage||160m band (1.8M)||1.80000 - 1.99999MHz 1.80000 - 1.99999MHz|
|80m band (3.5M)||3.50000 - 3.99999MHz 3.50000 - 3.99999MHz|
|*60m band (5.3M)||5.33050MHz 5.34650MHz 5.36650MHz 5.37150MHz 5.40350MHz Not Available|
|40m band (7M)||7.00000 - 7.29999MHz 6.90000 - 7.49999MHz|
|30m band (10M)||10.10000 - 10.14999MHz 9.90000 - 10.49999MHz|
|20m band (14M)||14.00000 - 14.34999MHz 13.90000 - 14.49999MHz|
|17m band (18M)||18.06800 - 18.16799MHz 17.90000 - 18.49999MHz|
|15m band (21M)||21.00000 - 21.44999MHz 20.90000 - 21.49999MHz|
|12m band (24M)||24.89000 - 24.98999MHz 24.40000 - 25.09999MHz|
|10m band (28M)||28.00000 - 29.69999MHz 28.00000 - 29.99999MHz|